(1) Name, nationality and address or place of business of the applicant(s).
(2) Title, description and claims of the invention and abstract (preferably not exceeding 150 words).
(3) Drawings, if necessary to explain the description.
(4) Name and country of residence of the inventor(s).
(5) Indication of number and date of filing of Portuguese Utility Model filed for the same invention, in case of simultaneous or succeeding filings.
(6) Priority data, if applicable.
(7) Power of Attorney (not required for filing through an Official Industrial Property Agent).
The term for filing an opposition is 2 months counted from publication of the patent abstract and classification in the Industrial Property Bulletin. Objections shall be notified to the applicant who may respond within 2 months counted from notification of the opposition.
The patent duration begins on the date of application and runs for a period of 20 years, subject to the payment of annuities. This period is extendable through supplementary protection certificates for certain patents in the field of medicinal products and phytopharmaceutical products.