(1) Name, nationality and address of the applicant.
(2) Drawings, photographs or other appropriate graphical representation of the model or design.
(3) Name, nationality and address of the inventor.
(4) Declaration justifying entitlement to the design right if the applicant is not the creator.
(5) Priority data and documents, if applicable (accompanied by certified Portuguese translation; may be submitted later)
(6) Power of Attorney (notarized; may be filed later).
The term for filing an opposition is 30 days counted from publication of the industrial design in the Industrial Property Bulletin. The opposition will be notified to the applicant who may respond within 30 days counted from notification of the opposition. Where the applicant does not file a response within the deadline the design application is deemed withdrawn.
The design registration is valid for 5 years from the date of filing of the application. This term may be renewed up to a maximum validity period of 25 years.