Trade and Service Marks
(1) Name, nationality, occupation and address or place of business of the applicant.
(2) Specification of goods or services (Nice Classification; multi-class application not possible) (*)
(3) Graphical representation of the mark.
(4) In case of foreign applicants, appropriate evidence that the mark is related to their activity (commercial, industrial or professional) which must be effectively and lawfully exercised in the country of origin.
(5) Power of Attorney (legalized).
(6) Priority data and documents, if applicable (certified copy of home application with legalized Portuguese translation).
(*) The application may cover any number of goods or services in the same class but additional fees are charged for each good or service beyond the first five.
Oppositions to trade or service mark applications are accepted by Angolan Office although not foreseen in the relevant law. The deadline for oppositions is 60 days after publication in the Angolan Industrial Property Bulletin.
Duration and Use
The duration of a trade or service mark registration is 10 renewable years counted from the date of application. The law indicates that the registration lapses by lack of trademark use for 2 consecutive years except in instances of force majeure duly justified.