Trade and Service Marks
(1) Name, nationality and address of the applicant.
(2) Specification of goods or services (Nice Classification; multi-class application not possible)
(3) Graphical representation of the mark.
(4) Priority data and documents, if applicable ((if not in English, accompanied by certified Portuguese translation; documents should be submitted within 3 months after application date).
(5) Power of Attorney (notarized; may be submitted later).
Within 2 months after publication in the Official Bulletin. The applicant will be notified and given 1 month to respond.
Duration and Use
The duration of a trade or service mark registration is 7 renewable years counted from the date of grant. The lack of genuine use for 3 consecutive years without due cause is a ground for revocation.