Community Designs (Registered Community Designs)
(1) Name, nationality and address of the applicant(s) and the State in which he is domiciled or in which it has his seat or establishment.
(2) Graphical or photographic representation of the design (in up to 7 different views). (*)
(3) Indication of the usual generic name of product(s) in which the design is intended to be incorporated or to which it is intended to be applied.
(4) Priority data (number, date and country of the prior application) and documents (**), if applicable.
(5) Request for deferment of publication (up to 30 months from the application date or the date of priority), if applicable.
(6) Indication of the name and address of the designer or team of designers or the indication that the designer(s) have waived the right to be cited.
(7) Authorization signed by the applicant.
(*) Multiple design application: possible provided that the products belong to the same class (Locarno Classification (no upper limit of the number of designs).
(**) An accurate photocopy of the previous application (colour photocopy if the original representation of the design is in colour). To be submitted within 3 months from the filing date. Where necessary, a translation into one of the languages of the Office (DE, EN, ES, FR, or IT) must be also filed.
The applications for a Registered Community Design are not subject to opposition but an RCD may be declared invalid. The proceedings relating to a declaration of invalidity of a RCD should be filed with the OHIM.
The design registration is valid for 5 years from the date of filing of the application. This term may be renewed up to a maximum validity period of 25 years.